Sunday night Belén told me she was going to go on a detox diet. For five days she wouldn´t eat or drink anything but this expensive tree syrup she was going to buy. Belén is incredibly mature and really good at ´´putting things in perspective´´ as they say. I usually agree with everything she says and even take her advice a lot, as if she was my 19 year old Spanish mom. But five days of syrup isn´t something I can get behind. I told her this was dumb and she should just eat more fruit. We argued about it, then I realized there was no way of convincing her not to throw away her money and gave up. Yesterday she drank one bottle of it and poured the rest down the sink.
Yesterday was my first day of teaching solo. Isabel is in Poland, and instead of getting a substitute for the week they´re giving me more responsability. After one hour in the 4 year old class I was going a little crazy. And there were only 10 of them! But they have no concept of ´´quiet´´, ´´sit down´´ or ´´don´t cough on your neighbor´s face.´´ Between Ines, who clung to my left arm all class period, Angel, who is anything but, and Andrés, who apparently has no sensation in his nostrils or upper lip and so cannot feel when they are filled with mocos, I don´t know how the preschool teachers do it every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hanna
You have found the parties and the wine, the rest comes easy. Sounds as if times are getting better with each "party" and trip to a neat place. I think the teaching is a means to an end and the end is the life lessons you are experiencing, seeing and learning. I envy your experiences. Not to worry about going into the wrong loo. We have all done that and much worse, and are no worse for the experience.
Press on and don't look back.
Is that a "No" for an elementary teaching career when you get back to the states?
Post a Comment