Thursday, November 8, 2007

Lucía

Tuesday afternoon, right before my class with the kids was supposed to start, the mother of one of my Lucías approached me and asked if there was something I could to with Lucía to make things more difficult for her. Lucía is the oldest kid in the group and, according to her mother, has been a little bored with the things we´re doing. She said she already did all of this last year. I told the mom I´d try, but it´d be difficult for that day since everything was already planned.

I payed special attention to Lucía during class, and made it a point to ask questions to the group and then specifically to her if no one knew the answer. There were a lot of words she didn´t know, and the ones she did know, she didn´t know how to spell. I figured she couldn´t have been too bored. But Wednesday at school she asked me if I was going to make things more difficult for her next week. I told her I would try. I also called her out and reminded her that ´´yesterday, there were a lot of words you didn´t know.´´ She replied, ´´I knew them, I just didn´t remember them.´´ Ah.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter