Wednesday, November 14, 2007

tortilla number one

Fantastic day today. I didn´t go to school because Nati called Raquel (school principal) and said I had to go to la extranjería again to do fingerprints for my NIE. It was another day of waiting and bureaucratic bs. But today it was better because there were several other Auxiliares doing the same thing, and they were, for the most part, pretty cool. I invited three of them back to my apartment afterward for lunch, I made my first Spanish tortilla. There was Jess, from Michigan (and talked just like Aunt Betty), Merle, from California but with Guatemalan parents so she´s fluent, and Melissa, from Washington DC. Melissa is living in Almorox, the town where Belén is from. She´s 28, a psych major, and super sweet. We kind of hit it off. I think we´re going to go to Amsterdam sometime after Christmas and maybe to Germany or Portugal in early December.

Uncle Dave -- thanks for the encouragement! What´s your email address?

1 comment:

Laura said...

i want to go to Amsterdam!!!!!!! ... okay AND other places... SEE YOU SOON SEESTER!

 

Free Blog Counter