Isabel put me in charge of teaching Thanksgiving to the kids yesterday, and it went well in all three classes. The 4 year olds actually listened quietly while I told them a very simplified history of Thanksgiving, and then played pin the nose on the turkey. In the 3rd/4th grade class I drew up a worksheet with a big turkey on it. In the turkey´s body I wrote ´´I´m Thankful For...´´ and the kids had to write what they were thankful for in the feathers. Of course they don´t know how to say anything like that in English, so I was writing a lot of translations on the board. Lucía asked how you say ´´mis padres por traerme al mundo´´ so I wrote ´´my parents for bringing me into the world.´´ Then they were asking about other family members, so by the end the board was full of ´´my cousins´´ ´´my brother´´ etc. Before they could color the turkey they had to show me what they´d written, and I couldn´t help but laugh at Alvaro´s turkey feathers which read:
I´m Thankful For...
´´my parents for bringing me into the world´´
´´my cousins for bringing me into the world´´
´´my sister for bringing me into the world´´
´´my friends for bringing me into the world´´
...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment