Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bazar Jerusalem

I checked out a few stores in El Casco this afternoon. I found a really cool hippyish store called Bazar Jerusalem with shoes, skirts, blankets, recorders, pipes etc from India, Morocco and Spain. I talked to the guy working there for a bit, about the store, about what I´m doing in Spain. He was from Syria. He asked if I had friends here, I said yes. As I left he told me that if I had time and wanted to talk I could come back after five. I couldn´t tell if he was hitting on me or is just from Syria and doesn´t have many friends. I said ok maybe, but didn´t go back.

Joe Leiker, the guy from Topeka who I was going to meet in Sevilla, was in Toledo today. I met up with him and a couple Oregonians from his class. I showed them around and we spoke a lot of English. They were nice, but the Oregon guys were a bit annoying. They complained about stupid things, about how Spanish people walk, about dog poop in the street. Then they left to go to an internet cafe to register for next semester´s classes and I felt old.

1 comment:

babs said...

sounds like a store we will have to visit.

 

Free Blog Counter