The past two days I´ve taken the bus to the other side to town to meet up with Nuria, but today I was supposed to walk somewhere much closer where Inmaculada would pick me up. I didn´t know it was raining this morning until I was out the door, I didn´t want to go back for the umbrella because I didn´t want to be late for my first meeting with Inmaculada, plus it wasn´t raining all that hard. It only took me 10 minutes to walk to the spot, so it was 8:30. She was supposed to come at 8:40...but I stood there until 9:00, in the rain, without an umbrella, and she never came. I walked back home, called the school from Belin´s phone, and apparently Inmaculada had waited for me too. Maybe I waited in the wrong spot. Maybe Inmaculada looked for me in the wrong spot. Or maybe this is her way of being nice (the empanada yesterday) and then stabbing me in the back like Isabel said she likes to do....
So now I´m going to school tomorrow to make up for today.
Belin and Raquel went shopping this morning and invited me to come. We went to a mall. Laura, you are going to love shopping here, there is a lot of stuff that is right up your alley. There are also some pretty ridiculous shirts with writing in english. Stuff like ´´All girls love diamonds and pearls´´ and ´´Girls Love Love From Strangers´´. I guess I´ve never been a girl.
Yesterday afternoon I went running in the park. On my way home a German Shepard walked onto the sidewalk in front of me. She was probably less than a year old, and quite skinny and smelly. I petted her a few minutes, and then she just followed me home. She waited at the door to the apartment while I went upstairs and got some bread. She didn´t eat it, and a woman who passed by suggested I give her water. Again, the dog waited several minutes while I went to get water. Then I walked to the store to buy her a bit of dog food, she followed me all the way there. An old man on a park bench asked if she was mine, I said no, he said she likes me and stays with me (and some other things I didn´t understand). I was thinking maybe she could become like my pet that just lives outside, but I could bring her water and food and maybe sneak her to my room in bad weather. I was thinking I would name her Charlie, like in All Dogs Go To Heaven. I bought her a can of dog food at ´´Ahorra Más´´. But when I came back out, I was pretty sad to see that she was gone. I haven´t seen her since. But I´ll keep the dog food just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you and your puppies!
i wish your pictures were bigger, and that you had more of them. i tried to make one my desktop but the image was too distorted. It was the one that said "quiero ser como tu!!" ;)
Post a Comment