I haven´t had a chance to take pictures of any of the kids, so for now I´ll just describe them a bit. Pink track suits are pretty popular for the girls in Yunclillos, as is the name María. Some of the boys have little rattails, and the names are a bit more varied...we have a Nacho, Rafa and Monseis. I don´t know if this is a Spanish thing, or just a new trend in backpacks that I dídn´t know about, but over half the kids have backpacks on wheels, like little carry-on suitcases. I know it´s bad to have favorites, but my favorite kid is probably a 2nd grader named Noura (pronounced Nora). She and her older sister moved to Yunclillos recently from somewhere in Morocco, so they know neither Spanish nor English. Noura understandably doesn´t know what´s going on a lot of the time, but she is almost always smiling and excited about everything the kids are doing.
I forgot to add another interesting detail of Belén´s family in Almorox. Her parents, her oldest sister and her boyfriend, her oldest sister´s boyfriend´s parents, her other sister´s husband´s parents and her boyfriend´s grandparents all live in the same neighborhood. Basically, it´s like mom, Jen & Rene, Eva & Luis, Carolyn & Eric and Mark´s grandparents all living in a neighborhood only a little bigger than Indian Woods.
Last night Belén had the idea that we should all have a slumber party in the living room, on my mattress of course since it´s the biggest. I figured it´d still be a little cramped having all three of us sleep on my double bed mattress, but didn´t really care because I knew I could just take a siesta today if needed. We watched Kyle XY together in bed, but then they left because it was too cramped and I slept alone on the living room floor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment