I posted some pictures last night from Belin´s computer...most of them are at the bottom, so just scroll down to check them out (luvie ;) The graffiti that says ´´quiero ser como tú´´ is a somewhat common sight around here, so I asked Belin about it. She said it is supposed to be a picture of the crown, she said it´s made by people who don´t like the king and want to be like him because he does nothing and makes tons of money.
I finished my first week of school today. I helped Isabel, one of the two teachers who are filling in just for this month while the other Isabel and a teacher named Elena are working in Dublin. Isabel is 24, really well dressed, and worked at a YMCA camp in Wisconsin a while back (she said she really liked Wisconsin). We worked with the preschoolers and then some second graders. I read a story to them about a pig who goes from living in the city to living in the country. I had to correct her a couple times, because at first she was referring to the country as ´´the field´´. After school there was a meeting to plan things for Halloween. All the teachers are going to bring stuff to make Halloween cookies, play Halloween games and sing Halloween songs...oh yeah, and make all the kids´ costumes! The 4 years olds will be spiders, 5 year olds will be spiderwebs, 1 graders mummies, and so on. I should have suggested doing like we do and just having the kids (and their parents) make their own costumes at home...but it´s too late for that now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment