Thursday, January 17, 2008

I think so

Well Laura and I successfully navigated Rome without being pickpocketed, and with only one encounter with the overly aggressive Italian men you always are warned about. We saw the Colosseum, the Sistine Chapel, and 7 of the other ´´top 10 sites´´ in Rome without really waiting in line. Laura says we´re saavy travellers. I might have to agree.

School is still going well. We studied about the female reproductive system in Miriam´s class on Wednesday. (See ´´el aparato digestivo´´ entry but substitute the words ´´vagina, vulva, ovaries and uterus.´´)

I got my hair cut yesterday. Capas y flequillos. (Layers and bangs). I´m not sure if I like it yet. Isa literally laughed for about 2 solid minutes upon seeing me, it might have been the loudest I´ve heard her laugh since I´ve been here.

In Rome a Polish guy named Suavik checked in at the same time as Laura and I. Later that afternoon Laura spotted him in the street and we invited him to come to the Colosseum with us, he agreed even though he´d already been there that morning. As we approached, Laura and I weren´t sure where the entry was. So we asked our Polish friend, whose English, despite living in London the past 3 years, is still a bit shaky.
us´´Is that where you enter?´´
Suavik ´´I don´t know.´´
us ´´Well did you go inside this morning?´´
Suavik ´´I think so.´´

2 comments:

Carey said...

How funny, I love the stories of broken English! I wonder how many goofy things you accidentally say in Spanish that people post on their blogs? hehe

babs said...

I told you "No bangs".

 

Free Blog Counter